P O R T R A I T S E S S I O N
frequently asked questions
What is required to book a portrait session?
- A signed contract and a 30% deposit (+ travel fee) is required to secure your date and time. I will reserve the date and time agreed upon and will not make any other reservations for said date and time. For this reason, deposits are non-refundable. I also understand that life happens and schedules change therefore, deposits are transferable if a date change is necessary.
How long will my session be?
- Portrait sessions are 45 minutes. During that time we will have tons of fun capturing you at your best. Feel free to bring as many props or other interesting items along with you to your shoot. I want this experience to be a one-of-a-kind memory that you'll never forget.
How many people can be apart of my session?
- There is a 4 person limit to portrait sessions. I want to make sure I capture everyone in their entirety without the session feeling rushed. Attendance is limited to those individuals being photographed. Having additional people present can be distracting to both me and you. If you'd like additional people to participate, a fee of $25 will be charged per every 1 extra person. You will also receive an additional half-hour for every $100 paid. (This additional fee is non-refundable.)
How do I book my session?
- Please complete your booking by filling out this form. I book as far out in advance as necessary. If a session is booked within 5 days of the requested date, the full session fee will be due at time of booking.
What should I wear?
- For tips and tricks on what to wear click here!
What should I bring?
- Most sessions are outdoors, so make sure you bring seasonally appropriate things so that you’re comfortable! I always recommend bringing water to stay hydrated, sunblock to protect your skin, and perhaps a snack to keep you energized. Most importantly, bring your fabulous self!
What happens if I'm running late?
- I strongly recommend planning to arrive 10-15 minutes early to accommodate any transportation issues, parking issues, wardrobe malfunctions, etc. If you're running late, please call or text me immediately to let me know.
If you're more than 15 minutes late, you will be charged a $25 penalty. I will work for the remainder of your allotted session time and, subject to my schedule, I can extend if there's availability. Please note, an extension is not guaranteed.
If you're more than 30 minutes late, you will be considered a no-show and thus forfeit your entire session fee. Depending on schedule and availability, you may still have a shoot, but it is not guaranteed.
To cancel your session and receive a refund of your 30% deposit, 1 week's notice is required and appreciated.
What if the weather is bad?
- I work rain or shine and can make the most of any weather condition. However, the choice is yours on whether we shoot or not. If you decide not to continue with the shoot as planned then I can reschedule for the next available date and time.
In the case of severe weather, I will proactively reschedule your session out of consideration for everyone's health and safety!
What can I expect after my session?
- As soon as your session is over, I transfer your photos onto my computer, with double backup, and begin editing. My goal is to give you natural, timeless photography that captures your unique personality. That means that through the editing process, my goal is to make your photos look as natural as possible while still making you look 110% your best.
It takes about 2-4 weeks to edit and prepare your gallery. Once your gallery is complete, I will schedule an optional "home viewing", where I will come to your home and reveal your gallery on a 27 inch, 4k retina screen so that you can see the true nature and high quality of your images.
I want you to look back at your photos in 50 years and be just as impressed with them as you are now. I strive to make your experience with TJ Hunter Photography as easy as possible. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I am always happy to help!